Providing the Highest Standard of Dog and Cat Surgery in Avondale Estates, GA
Our vets can perform a variety of soft tissue surgeries for dogs and cats in our surgical suite, including routine spays and neuters. The Village Vets Avondale Estates follows AAHA’s strict protocols for pet surgery, which prioritize patient safety, comfort, and recovery. We abide by standards not so different from what you might see at a human hospital, with a full range of monitoring equipment and a dedicated team caring for your pet from beginning to end.
Our Pet Surgery Safety Protocols
We strive to make pet surgery as low-risk as possible for all our patients. To achieve this, we follow these strict safety protocols:
- Prior to surgery, we first perform an exam and run pre-anesthetic blood work to screen for underlying health concerns and confirm your pet is healthy
- An IV catheter is placed to administer fluids as needed to keep your pet’s blood pressure stable
- Our surgical suite includes comprehensive monitoring equipment so we can keep an eye on your pet’s heart rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure, temperature, and more
- Your pet has an assigned technician monitoring them at every step of their surgery
- We administer pain relief medication before and after the procedure to reduce pain as much as possible and help your pet recover
Surgical Procedures We Offer
At The Village Vets Avondale Estates, our team can provide a multitude of soft tissue surgeries (surgeries that do not involve the bones and joints). If your companion needs to have an orthopedic procedure, we can refer them to our sister hospital in Decatur.
Surgeries we offer at our hospital include the following:
- Spay and neuter surgeries
- Mass removals
- Tumor removals
- Abdominal exploratory surgery
- Bladder surgery
- Spleen removal surgery
- Standard eye surgeries (enucleation, cherry eye repair)
- Wound repair
What People are Saying
My doggie is there now and I feel very good about the care that he is receiving. From the moment I brought him there I felt comfortable. I would highly recommend this place!!
Have questions about your pet’s upcoming procedure, or about their recovery? Contact us at (404) 924-8690.