The Importance of Our Diagnostic Lab
Having an in-house lab gives our vet team the ability to run various important blood, urine, and fecal tests and obtain results within minutes. This is extremely beneficial in urgent situations, when we see a pet that is very sick and need to do more than a physical exam to understand the problem.
Some of the tests we can provide for your pet include:
- Blood chemistry panels to check blood glucose, proteins, and electrolytes
- Complete blood counts (CBCs)
- Fecal exams to screen for intestinal parasites
- Urinalysis to evaluate bladder and kidney function
- Cytology to analyze skin cells
- Biopsy to examine tissue samples for signs of cancer cells
Why We Use Digital X-ray
Digital X-ray does everything that traditional X-ray does, but better. Our digital equipment produces high-quality X-ray images that can be saved, copied, and emailed out to board-certified radiologists as needed. It also allows us to perform X-ray procedures a little more quickly, which means less stress for your pet and a shorter appointment. Additionally, digital X-ray uses significantly less radiation than traditional film X-ray.
As you would expect, we can use our X-ray equipment to examine the heart, lungs, and musculoskeletal system. We can check for bone fractures, bone spurs, joint damage, joint deformities, foreign bodies, heart and lung diseases, and more.