How to Get Started
We host video vet visits through TeleTails, our telemedicine app. This app is super easy to install and use:
- First, download the app onto your smartphone via the Google Play or Apple Store
- Next, create your account
- To ensure you connect with your vet, enable notifications on your phone
- Then, go to Add New Provider, type in VILVET, click “search,” and link to our practice
- Select The Village Vets nearest you
- Begin a consultation if you have a question or concern about your pet
Once you begin a consultation, our team will reach out to help you schedule a date and time to speak with your vet. Make sure your four-legged family member is nearby when you start the consultation, just in case! They might want to see your pet.
When is it Appropriate to do a Video Vet Visit?
Telemedicine works well for certain types of consultations, but it is not always the best option for you and your pet. We recommend doing video vet visits for issues such as:
- Chronic allergies or arthritis
- Sudden, non-critical acute problems like ear infections and diarrhea
- Sneezing or coughing
- Behavioral changes such as scratching more often, licking at certain spots, and lethargy
In cases like these, video vet visits provide much more information than a simple phone call. They allow your vet to observe your pet for certain physical changes and unusual behaviors, and propose a treatment plan accordingly.
What to Do If We Recommend an In-Person Consultation
It’s possible that a video consult may not be enough for your vet to diagnose and treat your pet. If we request that you and your pet come in to see us in person, know that we do so because we are not confident a video call will give us the information we need to treat your companion as they need to be treated. Furthermore, if you do end up having to come in to see us for an in-person visit, we’ll give you a 50% discount on the in-hospital exam fee.